Celebrities, Politicians & Business Leaders Unite for 6th Annual RFK Center Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction
President Clinton, Taylor Swift, John Starks, Ethan Hawke, Matthew Broderick, Mandy Patinkin, Facebook Execs & More Hit the Auction Block for Human Rights
New York, NY – November 20, 2012 – The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights launched its 6th Annual Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction today with support from some of the world's most recognizable leaders spanning business, sports, arts and entertainment. President Clinton, Ethan Hawke, Taylor Swift, Matthew Broderick, Mandy Patinkin, and Paul Volcker are just a few of notable figures who are featured to raise funds for the RFK Center's work supporting fearless human rights defenders and inspiring a new generation of defenders through its powerful human rights curriculum. The auction, powered by leading charity auction site Charitybuzz, is open to bidders internationally from November 20th through December 11th at WWW.RFKCENTER.ORG.
"The RFK Center is dedicated to carrying forward Robert Kennedy's legacy and his vision for a more just and peaceful world. We are truly ecstatic about the incredible packages donated this holiday season and touched by the generosity our supporters have shown. From the chance to visit the Facebook headquarters to set visits for some of the hottest shows on television, we are thrilled to be able to offer these experiences in the 2012 Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction," said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center.
Auction highlights include:
- Enjoy a Visit and Discussion with Showtime's Homeland Actor Mandy Patinkin on Location in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Go Behind the Scenes at the Silicon Valley Facebook Headquarters with 4 Friends & Meet Top Executives
- Join the Ultimate Financial Titans Lunch with Marc Lasry, Tony James, Robert Wolf, and William Ackman
- Play a Round of Golf with Knicks Legend John Starks in Greenwich, Connecticut
- Meet Ethan Hawke with 4 Tickets to His Performance in Chekhov's IVANOV in New York
- Meet Matthew Broderick Backstage with 2 Tickets to Nice Work If You Can Get It
- Grab a Friend and Meet Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey with 2 Tickets to See The Who in Las Vegas
- Attend an Exclusive Speech Given by President Clinton in New York and Meet Him Afterwards for a Photo Opportunity
- Enjoy Fly Fishing for 2 with Economist Paul Volcker in the Catskills
- Enjoy Dinner for 2 with the Legendary Harry Belafonte in New York City
- Take Home Taylor Swift's Signed Guitar
- Give Your Child a Private Swim Lesson with Olympic Gold Medalist Katie Ledecky
- Grab a Friend for Drinks and Live Music with Chris Noth aka "Mr. Big" at his nightclub, The Cutting Room, in New York City
- Enjoy Coffee with Jerry Springer at a Taping of The Jerry Springer Show
- Meet Piers Morgan with 4 VIP tickets to Piers Morgan Tonight on CNN
- Have a Character Named After You in John Irving's Upcoming Novel
- And much more!
Bidding is open to supporters around the globe over age 18 with a valid credit card. The annual Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction is hosted in conjunction with the Robert F. Kennedy Center's Ripple of Hope Holiday Gala on December 3rd. This year's Gala will feature honorees Taylor Swift and Vincent Mai, and emcee Alec Baldwin.
About The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights was founded in 1968 by Robert Kennedy's family and friends as a living memorial to carry forward his vision of a more just and peaceful world.
Today, the RFK Center's core programs exemplify Robert Kennedy's belief that all individuals have the power and responsibility to make a difference, and that by working collectively, they can transform the world. RFK PARTNERS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS bolsters the efficacy of human rights defenders through sustained, strategic advocacy, extending their reach to legislators, diplomats, international institutions, and corporations. RFK SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER educates students and the public about human rights issues and provides tools for creating change in their communities. RFK COMPASS promotes corporate responsibility by ensuring that human rights concerns, fair labor practices, and environmental safeguards are reflected in global investment strategies.
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization. To learn more, please visit www.rfkcenter.org, or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/RFKCenter) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/rfkcenter).
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online charity auctions with the world's most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring acclaimed actors and musicians, titans of industry and politics, major sports stars, VIP entertainment experiences, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of socially conscious bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $65 million for charity. To learn more, visit www.charitybuzz.com, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Charitybuzz or follow us on Twitter at @Charitybuzz.
# # #
Senior Communications Strategist
Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights
Web and Social Media Manager
Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights
(202) 463-7575 ex. 234;
Glenda Luft Felden
Director of Communications