Executive Office Intern
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights seeks an Executive Office Intern for Fall 2013. The RFK Center was founded in 1968 as a living memorial to Robert F. Kennedy and today is dedicated to advancing human rights worldwide.
The Executive Office Intern will aid the RFK Center's Executive Office in our New York office in all aspects of departmental management. This is an ideal internship for a current college student or recent graduate who is seeking to expand their knowledge of the international human rights field. Starting in early September 2013, the Executive Office Intern will be delegated the following responsibilities:
- Maintain our Salesforce database. Enter data and pull reports.
- Perform prospect research on potential donors.
- Provide support for annual multi-million dollar grossing Gala and a sustainable investment conference. Assist with invitations, RSVP calls, event staffing, and other tasks as needed.
- Provide general office support, including mailings, inventory, and ordering supplies.
- Type, prepare, edit and proofread various documents and correspondence.
- Perform other general administrative duties and projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and be organized, flexible, trustworthy and able to work in teams or self-direct day-to-day activities. They will have the following skills:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Comfort and poise when interacting with donors, human rights advocates, and VIPs
- Technical proficiency or ability to easily learn a variety of office applications and database systems, especially Salseforce
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic hard-worker with interest in the human rights field.
Email a cover letter and resume to
. Include "ExecOffIntern: Your Name" as the subject of your email. No calls please.