Auction lots include a visit to one of the last tapings of 'Oprah,' a walk-on role in the new 'American Pie' movie, tickets to a Red Sox-Yankees game in President Kennedy's seats, and many more exciting experiences.
WASHINGTON (April 26, 2011) – The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights announced the launch of its annual Spring Auction fundraiser, offering dozens of exciting experiences with A-list stars up for bid starting today.
The auction, which is open for bidding through May 16 at www.charitybuzz.com/RFK2011, includes opportunities to cook with Paula Deen, talk politics with David Axelrod, tour Jay Leno's car collection, or visit the set of NBC's “The Office.”
Cultural icons including Oprah Winfrey, Elton John, Anderson Cooper, Bill O'Reilly, and many more are supporting the important work of the RFK Center by offering unique, personal experiences. Other participants include: Gwen Stefani, Jenna Fischer, Janet Jackson, Andy Cohen, Ted Allen, Regis Philbin, Robert Gibbs, Lauren Hutton, Senator John Glenn, Patricia Fields, Chris Johnson, James Blunt, Martha Stewart, and Patricia Fields.
“Bidders support the RFK Center’s work on reconciliation in Darfur, advocating for children in Haiti, bringing an end to brutal oppression in Zimbabwe, and on behalf of Gulf Coast residents still reeling from Hurricane Katrina and the BP oil disaster,” said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. “This is an opportunity for donors to do good and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience--such as meeting Oprah Winfrey backstage after one of her shows, or enjoying the Aspen Food and Wine Classic, or seeing your name in lights on the Wrigley Field scoreboard or your child serve as a Ball Boy or Girl at a New York Yankees Game.”
Auction highlights include:
• Fly with Donna Karan on her Private Plane on a humanitarian trip to Haiti
• Enjoy a Private Cooking Lesson (with Plenty of Butter!) with the Queen of Southern Cuisine, Paula Deen, in Savannah, GA
• Meet Oprah Winfrey Backstage After One of the Final Tapings of The Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago on May 4, 2011
• Meet Jenna Fischer on the Set of The Office in Los Angeles, CA and Watch an Episode Being Filmed
• Enjoy a One Month Internship with the Diane von Furstenberg Studio in NYC
• Spend the Evening with Bravo's Own Andy Cohen on the Set of Watch What Happens Live in New York City
• Enjoy a Special Tour of Jay Leno's Car Collection Plus Meet Him Backstage at The Tonight Show in Burbank, CA
• Enjoy Two Tickets to the Christmas in Washington Concert for President and First Lady Barack Obama
• Enjoy a private screening for 50 guests of The Help, starring Emma Stone, Sissy Spacek, Bryce Dallas Howard, and more
• The Ultimate Insider's Package from Vogue, Including Two Tickets to a New York Fashion Week Fashion Show, a Tour of the Offices Plus Lunch with an Editor, Visit to the Set of a Photo Shoot and receive a Custom Outfit
• Tickets to a Taping of Food Network's Chopped, Plus Meet Host Ted Allen in New York City
• Have Lunch with President Barack Obama's Senior Campaign Strategist David Axelrod at Manny's Deli in Chicago, IL
• Score VIP seats to Janet Jackson’s upcoming performance in Indiana
• Meet Anderson Cooper on the Set of 360 in New York City
• Meet Regis Philbin After One of His Last Tapings of Live! with Regis and Kelly in New York City
• Enjoy a Private Lunch with Former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs in Washington, D.C.
• Enjoy a Private Makeup Lesson in NYC or LA with Lauren Hutton
• Challenge Tennessee Titan Running Back Chris Johnson to a Race Before Practice
• Enjoy a Tour of the Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. with Senator John Glenn
• Intern with Famed Designer, Stylist and Costume Designer Patricia Fields in New York City
• Have Your Child Serve as a Ball Boy or Girl at a New York Yankees Game Plus Enjoy Tickets to the Game
• Sit in Row A at Wrigley Field, Tour the Stadium and Have Your Name on the Scoreboard
• Two Tickets to the Exclusive Elton John AIDS Foundation's Academy Awards Viewing Party
• Meet Bill O'Reilly on the Set of The O'Reilly Factor in New York City
• Visit the Set of Morning Joe in New York City
• See The Boston Red Sox Take On the New York Yankees on August 31, 2011 in President Kennedy's Personal Seats at Fenway Park
• And many more!
“Charitybuzz is thrilled to continue to support the RFK Center’s vital work around the globe aiding courageous human rights defenders with our annual RFK Center Spring Auction,” said CoppyHolzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz. “The Center’s high-profile supporters have once again donated coveted, incredible experiences for what we anticipate to be our best auction ever. We encourage our socially conscious community of bidders to visit often, as we will be adding unique experiences daily.”
This is the fifth annual spring auction in partnership with charitybuzz for the RFK Center. The organization’s 2010 charitybuzz spring auction raised a record amount for vital human rights work. Support the RFK Center now by visiting www.charitybuzz.com/rfk, and bid to give.
About The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights was founded in 1968 by Robert Kennedy's family and friends as a living memorial to carry forward his vision of a more just and peaceful world. Through long-term partnerships and cutting-edge methods, we assist advocates who have won the RFK Human Rights Award. We support authors and investigative journalists who bring light to injustice through the RFK Book and Journalism Awards. Our Speak Truth To Power program educates the public and provides students with a toolkit for action to create change in the classroom, the community, nationally, and internationally. The RFK Compass Program works with institutional investors to advance a discussion of the connections among investment performance, fiduciary duty, and public interest issues to optimize risk-adjusted rates of returns and address current and future global challenges. Partnering with RFK Europe, we provide human rights education advocacy programs to schools and communities across the continent. With RFK Children's Action Corps, we urge legislative reform of juvenile justice systems. The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization.
A leader in cause marketing, charitybuzz (www.charitybuzz.com) aligns nonprofits with international brands and celebrity icons to raise funds through innovative online auctions. Featuring pop culture experiences, VIP events, luxury travel, fine art, couture fashion, sports memorabilia and more, charitybuzz brings its online community of upscale, socially conscious bidders exclusive opportunities to make a difference. The company enables its bidders to truly doGOOD and liveWELL, generating millions of dollars for charities around the globe. To learn more, please visit www.charitybuzz.com, email
, fan us on facebook at www.facebook.com/charitybuzz or follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/charitybuzz.
Director of Communications
Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights
1367 Connecticut Avenue, NW. Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: (917) 671-6803
Director of Communications
Tel: (646) 998-6177